Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Following are some frequently asked questions about participating in NCIL’s 2022 Annual Conference on Independent Living. Don’t see your question here? Please send us your questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- NCIL Member Organization: $340
- Youth Member: $150 (26 & Under)
- Non-member: $440
Daily Registration (in-person only)
- Non-member: $175 / day
- NCIL Member: $130 / day
All NCIL Annual Conference presentations and events will be available to all registrants.
- The in-person workshops will be recorded and posted to the conference website within 30 days.
- The virtual-only workshops will be available to all registrants and will take place live on the conference website August 1-3, 2022.
- Some in-person events will be streamed live and a recording will also be posted. Those events will be highlighted when the detailed agenda becomes available.
- All content will be available on the conference website through the end of 2022.
- All guests are responsible for their own reservations and charges.
- Reservation link: https://www.hyatt.com/en-US/group-booking/WASGH/G-NC22
- The deadline to reserve your room(s) using the discount for NCIL attendees is June 25, 2022.
- Single / Double occupancy: $274.00; Triple occupancy: $299.00; Quadruple occupancy: $324.00
- Taxes are currently 14.8% in addition to hotel fees.
Airports / Ground Transportation
We can’t tell you what your airfare will cost, but there are three major airports within a reasonable distance of downtown Washington. National Airport (DCA) is certainly the closest and provides Metro access.
You may consider flying into Dulles International (IAD) or Baltimore Washington International (BWI) to get a better rate. Just remember to factor in transportation costs, as BWI and IAD are each about 30 miles from Washington, so local transportation will cost more than flying into DCA.
Fragrance Free Policy
Fragrance and chemicals can be access barriers. To help make this Conference accessible to participants for whom chemicals or fragrances are an access barrier, NCIL requests that you come fragrance free. Please refrain from wearing any scented products or washing with them. This includes clothing that has been laundered with fragranced detergent or fabric softening products. Additionally, please completely air out any dry-cleaned clothing before wearing it to the Conference.
Smoke can also be an access barrier. It is essential that we maintain a smoke-free environment. If you smoke, please use the designated smoking area located outside the Hyatt. Please refrain from smoking near any other doorways or paths of travel. The hotel entrance at 11th Street should be the least polluted with cigarette smoke and vehicle exhaust, although it unfortunately has steps.